Monday, September 17, 2007

A sign from Jenna

On a nice day in May 2006 Nancy and I had just returned from the graduation of our daughter Christine Marie Attturio from Bridgewater State College. I have attended night classes in the pursuit of a degree but have not accomplished what Christine has. I did do well with bringing up a loving and sharing family who also suffered the loss of one of our family members Jenna Ann Atturio. We love her dearly. Nancy and I were on our way home and stopped at the cemetery in Hanover to visit Jenna's grave. I saw a woman walking looking down at her shoes and stopped my car. I said as I pointed to the new grave on the hill, " That's so sad she was so young, and the woman answered " that's my daughter Torri". She had been laid to rest 100 feet from our own daughter Jenna this day. We then met Lucy. As a parent who lost a child I got out of the car and hugged her, she was crying and now was I. I brought her to Jenna's grave to let her know she was not alone. We love her, care for her and welcome her into our family as did Jesus with Jenna and Torri. Problems and worry can wait friendship is the way. Family is the bond and we welcome you to our family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story.......now I know how you all met Lucy.

JohnA said...

Yes that is how it happened. We were glad to be there for her. Not the best way to meet but hopefully we sealed a friendship for life. When you loose a child as a friend who has a lost a child said to me at the cemetery, " John we are in a club no one else wants to join".

Lucy W said...

i dont recall much from those foggy razor pained days but i do remember meeting John and later nancy... and then Jimmy bringing me dinner at the hill because i could not move from that tree. now i cannot go to the hill. thank you for your love and family

Trish B said...

It's unbelievable that two beautiful girls so young are buried so close to one another. They are buried close in all of our hearts now and will be forevermore. LU guys.

JohnA said...

Trisha thanks, I also drove back by the cemetery later that day and saw Lucy still sitting there alone. A sad day for Nancy and I too because we can share her pain and the pain of the other parents we have met there.